When purchasing motor insurance, car owners will receive documents like an insurance certificate, policy disclosure statements (PDSs), and a policy schedule. An insurance certificate is a document that substantiates the existence of a policy and summarizes vital details (inclusions, excesses, optional extras, sum insured, etc.) related to the purchased policy.
The policy schedule contains a vehicle owner’s disclosures about the car insured and nominated drivers. In contrast, the PDS provides a car owner with a wealth of information like product benefits, benefit limits, terms and conditions, exclusions, how to raise a claim, and more. A vehicle owner must read the fine print in PDSs carefully to know what their vehicle is covered for.
Also, in the past, insurers would commonly issue cover notes/letters as stopgaps until formal insurance certificates were handed over to the policyholders. Fast forwarding to the current times, not many insurers/brokers send out provisional documents as most vehicle insurance services have migrated online. Policyholders can quickly view/download their insurance certificate after signing in to their car insurance accounts.
Car owners will receive the above-mentioned vehicle insurance documents after a successful buy. However, at this point, we would like to mention that purchasing a vehicle insurance policy may be straightforward for some vehicle owners, and not for all.
Driving is neither an easy nor a difficult task. You should first set your mind that even if you fail for the first few days while driving a car perfectly, you should never give up.
Here are a few tips which I suggest for beginners:
- Ensure that you are at least 18 years old in order to start learning to drive. Then you can take a Learners License and drive safely on the roads.
- Enter inside the car and properly analyze the steering wheel and controls.
- The proper shifting of gears will be mentioned in the driving manual or you can check out some Youtube videos as well.
- Check the gear and practice from 1st to 4th gear ( I am not suggesting you learn the 5th gear now as it’s highly unlikely that you will be using it in the city traffic conditions) along with the reverse gear.Practice the gear shift by pressing the clutch and with the engine in off mode.
- After that you should notice that there are 3 controls under your feet. If you view it from left to right, then these are Clutch,Break and Accelerator.
- The Left leg will be used for Clutch only and the Right Leg will be used for Brake and Accelerator.
- Now you should learn how to tie a seat belt. You must always tie the seat belt before driving a car as it is mandatory.Properly put the seat belt hook into the knob and ensure that you are feeling comfortable in it.
- On both sides of the steering there are 2 knobs. The right knob consists of features like light switch,Left and Right Indicator,Upper and Dipper.
- The left knob is used for the wiper.
- If you want to park your car on a slope, you should always use the handbrake.
- Now you can start your car. You can start it by turning the key in a clockwise direction. Before starting it remember that your car is in neutral gear and also your hand brakes are up.
- After this press the clutch to the full extent and shift the first gear.Drop the handbrakes now. Slowly release the clutch and you will notice that the car is moving forward in slow motion.Control the steering along with the movement of the car.
Firstly, practice these things in an open field and master it. Then you will gradually learn to drive in a perfect manner on roads.
Always Remember to carry your Learners License/Driving License,Insurance papers as well as PUC papers.
For the uninitiated, a vehicle owner must produce a certificate of currency before the finance company as proof of having active insurance coverage for the car purchased with the company’s financial assistance. It is an important document that may reassure a financier about being eligible to receive the first payout from the insurer if the financed vehicle is written off due to a car accident anytime later.
Car owners can view/download the certificate of currency by logging in to their car insurance accounts. Purchasing and managing car insurance policies can be a cake walk provided vehicle owners have a good driving record and positive claims history. Now, you can buy motor insurance with little hassles through online services and get a discount for purchasing a policy online.