Carbon steel seamless pipe for ships refers to a kind of seamless pipe material used in the process of ship construction and maintenance. Its main feature is that the material is carbon steel, which has high strength and corrosion resistance. GB5312-85 is a standard promulgated by the China Standardization Organization, which specifies the technical requirements and test methods for carbon steel seamless pipes for ships.
Carbon steel seamless pipes for ships (GB5213-85) are carbon steel seamless pipes used in the construction of Class I pressure-resistant piping systems, Class II pressure-resistant piping systems, boilers and superheaters. The working temperature of the carbon steel seamless pipe wall does not exceed 450°C, and the working temperature of the alloy steel seamless pipe wall exceeds 450°C.
The technical requirements of carbon steel seamless pipes for ships mainly include the following aspects:
1. Material requirements: The material requirements for carbon steel seamless pipes are No. 20, No. 25, and No. 30 steel, of which No. 20 steel has better corrosion resistance and is suitable for ships with harsh operating environments.
2. Manufacturing method: Carbon steel seamless pipes for ships are made by cold drawing or hot rolling seamless manufacturing process, and surface treatments such as pickling and painting of steel pipes are required after production.
3. Physical properties: The physical properties of carbon steel seamless pipes for ships must meet the requirements specified in the standards, including tensile strength, yield strength, elongation and other indicators.
4. Chemical composition: The chemical composition of carbon steel seamless pipes for ships must meet the requirements of the standard, and the carbon content should be between 0.17% and 0.24%.
The test methods of carbon steel seamless pipes for ships mainly include the following aspects:
1. Appearance inspection: Check whether there are cracks, defects, oxide scales, etc. on the surface of the steel pipe.
2. Chemical composition analysis: use chemical analysis method to detect whether the chemical composition of the steel pipe meets the standard requirements.
3. Mechanical performance test: including tensile test, compression test, bending test, etc., to check whether the physical properties of the steel pipe meet the standard requirements.
Carbon steel pipe for ships is an indispensable material in the process of ship construction and maintenance, and strict control of its quality and technical requirements is crucial to the safe operation of ships.
Husteel Industry Group is a leading Carbon Steel Pipe (Seamless and Welded) Manufacturer and Supplier of various types, grades, diameters and lengths of pipes to different industries.